Comfort food with a twist.
1 egg 1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup milk 1 lb. Lean ground meat
1/2 cup quick cooking oats 1/3 cup ketchup
1 cup shredded cheddar 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup onion, diced 1/2 tsp. mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Whisk together egg and milk.
3. Stir in cheese, oats, onion, and salt.
4. Add meat. Mix well.
5. Shape into 8 loaves and put in 9×13 pan.
6. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Spoon over loaves.
7. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
NOTE: Great with Twice Baked Potatoes (recipe next week).
1. Place loaves (without sauce) in casserole dish. Cover tightly with foil and freeze.
2. When ready to bake, defrost overnight.
3. Mix together sauce and spoon over loaves.
4. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
@2012 Connie Davis Johnson