4 large or 8 small baking potatoes Dash of pepper
1/4 to 1/2 cup milk 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
1/4 cup real unsalted butter, softened 1 tablespoon chopped chives
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Prepare potatoes. Scrub clean. Pierce each all over with fork. Spray each with cooking spray. Wrap each in wax paper. Cook in microwave on high until potato can be pierced easily with fork, flipping them over when halfway done. This is the Connie way of making baked potatoes but feel free to make them your usual way.
2. Preheat oven to 400º.
2. Cut potatoes lengthwise in half; scoop out inside, leaving a thin shell.
3. Mash potatoes in medium bowl until no lumps remain. Add milk in small amounts, beating well after each addition (amount of milk needed to make potatoes smooth and fluffy depends on types of potatoes used).
4. Add butter, salt, and pepper. Beat vigorously until potato is light and fluffy (I use a potato masher but a mixer can be used). Stir in cheese and chives (notice the picture has no chives. I aim to be real and I was out of chives. 🙂 Still tasted great!)
5. Fill potato shells with mashed potato. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 400º about 20 minutes or until hot.
Suggestion: Goes great with Little Cheddar Meatloaves.