1 cup butter, softened 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup sugar 3 cups flour
1 cup packed brown sugar 1 cup baking cocoa
2 cup creamy peanut butter, divided 1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs, lightly beaten 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1. In large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars, and 1/2 cup peanut butter.
2. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
3. Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
4. Put this mixture in the fridge to chill for about an hour.
5. Blend confectioners sugar with remaining 1 1/2 cups peanut butter until smooth.
6. Divide and roll peanut butter mixture into 48 balls.
7. Remove chocolate dough from fridge and divide into 48 pieces; flatten each into a 3 inch circle.
8. Place 1 peanut butter ball on each circle; bring edges over to completely cover it. Dough will probably crack.
9. Place cookies with seam down on ungreased cookie sheets.
10. Flatten each cookie slightly with the bottom of a glass that has been dipped in sugar.
11. Bake in preheated 375° oven for 7-9 minutes. Do not over-bake.
Note: If using a cookie scoop, 1 level scoop of chocolate to 1/3 level scoop of peanut butter mixture comes out about right.
Makes 48 cookies
You may also like:
©2012 Connie Davis Johnson