Traditions change over the years but they always stay near and dear to our hearts. Here are 20 Christmas tradition ideas:
- Listen to Christmas music every day throughout the season.
- Shop! Although, this would NOT make my husband’s list of favorite traditions.
- Sled – if there’s snow. Or go grass sledding.
- Make hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies while cuddling on the couch.
- Eat Christmas goodies. Lots and lots of Christmas goodies!
- Drive through a local light display.
- Volunteer as a family at a local soup kitchen.
- Leave an anonymous gift on a neighbor’s doorstep on the night of Dec. 5 for Saint Nicholas Eve.
- Open one gift on Christmas Eve.
- Play family board games Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Give each child a new ornament every year.
- Read The Polar Express and Twas the Night Before Christmas as a family.
- Track Santa at http://www.noradsanta.org/en/
- Christmas Eve slumber party. Allow the kids to sleep in one room together.
- Leave cookies and milk for Santa and scatter magic reindeer food.
- Attend a Christmas Eve service. My favorite tradition growing up was the 11:00 pm candlelight service at church. Beautiful Christmas music, the Christmas story, and sharing it with family and friends.
- Read the Christmas story from the bible in Luke 2.
- Share a candlelight Christmas dinner.
- Enjoy cake and ice cream to celebrate Jesus’ birthday.
- Blow out a birthday candle and sing happy birthday to Jesus.
What would you add to the list?
You may also like:
©2012 Connie Davis Johnson