Only takes about 30 minutes to make. Perfect for a weeknight meal.
2 pounds ground beef
1 1/2 pounds sliced fresh mushrooms
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (10 3/4 oz. each)
1 cup water
8 slices Swiss cheese
1. Shape meat into patties.
2. In large skillet, cook patties over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
3. Drain on paper towels.
4. Saute mushrooms in drippings until tender.
5. In microwave safe bowl, combine soup and water.
6. Cover and microwave on high 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes or until heated through.
7. Return patties to skillet.
8. Stir in soup and bring to a boil.
9. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
10. Remove from heat.
11. Top each burger with cheese; cover and allow cheese to melt.
12. Serve on buns with mushrooms.
Note: The mushroom sauce is also wonderful on baked potatoes.
You may also like:
©2013 Connie Davis Johnson