- Most important: BE RESPECTFUL!! It’s disheartening to see the mean, rude, and degrading comments made in social media so no personal attacks of any kind, please.
- I may delete comments. (This point copied from Michael Hyatt’s comment policy) This is my blog. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog not mine.
Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
- Name: Please use your real name
- URL: Please use a legitimate and operating URL that you control specifically
- Privacy: I will protect your privacy and will not share your email address without your consent.
- Response: I will try but cannot guarantee that I will respond to your comment.
- License: You grant me license to use your comment in blog posts, written material, and any other form of publishing.
- Ownership: You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
My desire in making this comment policy is to facilitate discussion that is honest and respectful taking into consideration others feelings.
I own the content on this Web site. It is copyrighted in my name. I would love to have my content distributed but also want to protect my intellectual property so I appreciate your help in following the guidelines outlined below.
– Link to my site and any of my posts.
– Pin any of my posts on Pinterest.
– Print and copy up to 50 copies of any post for distribution within your group.
– Print posts for non-commercial publication such as newsletters. Please provide the following copyright notice: “@2012 Connie Davis Johnson. All rights reserved. Originally published at ConnieDavisJohnson.com.”
– Repost less than 200 words of my posts on your site as long as you link back to my original post. Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content. It often can’t tell which site hosts the original, so I risk getting penalized for granting permission to repost in entirety.
Please contact me for permission if:
– You want to use my content for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital version of my content.
– If you wish to alter, transform, or build upon any of my content.
– If you wish to use a guest bloggers content, you will need to contact them directly as they maintain ownership of their work.
– You may contact me for permission.