The first time I tried this recipe, my kids loved it. I made them sign the recipe card to avoid arguments when they undoubtedly would forget and try to turn their noses up at it the next time. My plan worked! Mom – 1, Kids – 0.
2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
4 teaspoons, minced garlic
1 stick butter, divided
4 1/2 cups hot water
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 envelopes fettuccine and chicken flavored sauce mix (4.3 ounces)
3 pound bag boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 tablespoons sour cream
1. In a large saucepan, sauté mushrooms and garlic in 4 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
2. Add water and broth.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Stir in pasta mix.
5. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
6. Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/2 inch thickness.
7. In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, and pepper.
8. Add chicken to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
9. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil and 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. (I use an electric skillet at 350° so I can cook all the chicken at once.)
10. Remove pasta mixture from heat and stir in sour cream.
11. Serve pasta with chicken.
Prep time is only 30 minutes. Great for a weeknight meal.
You may also like:
©2013 Connie Davis Johnson